Member Stats

This section of our website contains SHBP statistical information and is typically updated monthly to reflect the most current SHBP membership data.

  • As of July 2017, SHBP enrolled members and their dependents totaled 649,347 lives.
  • Of all covered members, Actives account for about 75 percent and Retirees and Former Employees account for the remaining 25 percent.  
  • Of all covered members, Teachers and Public School employees typically represent about 76 percent and State employees account for 24 percent.