The plan covers the following individuals:
- State Employees
- Public School Employees
- Members of the General Assembly
- Annuitants including retired State Employees, Teachers, and Public School Employees who continued their SHBP coverage from Active to Retiree status with no break in coverage and who are receiving an annuity from ERS or TRS.
- Former Employees with at least eight years of service as a State employee or with eight years of service with ERS or TRS as a Teacher or Public School employee.
- Eligible Dependents of State Employees, Teachers, Public School Employees, Annuitants, and Former Employees.
- Employees (and Eligible Dependents) of Federally Qualified Health Centers, Critical Access Hospitals and other entities prescribed by State law.