Welcome to the State Health Benefit Plan’s (SHBP) 2023 Open Enrollment (OE) for the 2024 Plan Year. OE gives you the opportunity to enroll in coverage if you are new to SHBP, or you can review your current Plan Options and make changes to your coverage based on your needs. This information is for active members who are eligible to be enrolled in an SHBP Commercial (non-Medicare Advantage) Plan Option.
Active Member Decision Guide
Theprovides information on new identification cards, your OE responsibilities, how to make an election, benefits comparison charts, wellness incentives, and more.
Make Your Election
SHBP Enrollment Portal 24 Hours a Day/7 Days a Week
SHBP Member Services Extended Hours for OE and Retiree Option Change Period: Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. ETSkip the Phones
(normally to 5:00 p.m. ET) and Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET
Review your virtual Open Enrollment materials
Open enrollment is a very important time of the year, as many employees are re-evaluating their health needs and seeking to protect their financial well-being. SHBP is providing our members with educational benefit information virtually, through webinars and teleconferences so they have a chance to ask questions in a live Q&A format. You can join either a teleconference session or online webinar to learn more about the plan options and any changes.
If you need assistance with enrollment, the SHBP Member Services phone line is staffed with enrollment experts who can provide guidance and answers. Member Services can be reached at 800-610-1863.
We encourage members to review the SHBP Active Decision Guide and benefit plan information on each of the medical claims administrator’s websites.
- For information on Anthem’s plan options, visit anthem.com/shbp or call 855-641-4862 to speak with an Anthem Member Services representative, available 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET, Monday – Friday.
- For information on UnitedHealthcare’s plan options, visit whyuhc.com/shbp or call 888-364-6352 to speak with a UHC Member Services representative, available 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET, Monday – Friday.
- For information on Kaiser Permanente’s plan options, visit my.kp.org/shbp or call 855-512-5997 to speak with a KP Member Services representative, available 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET, Monday – Friday.
- Active Presentation - Coming Soon
- Active Presentation Recording - Coming Soon
- Active Member Rates
- Plan Documents
Attend an educational session - what's new for 2024?
SHBP will continue to offer Plan Options through Anthem, UnitedHealthcare and Kaiser Permanente for our Active Members and pre-65 Retirees.
What is new for 2024? This year's Open Enrollment (OE) will include in-person benefit fairs in addition to virtual meetings (either online or by phone) to educate members on the Plan Options for the 2024 Plan Year.
What if I do not take any action?
If SHBP does not receive an election from you through the website, or by contacting SHBP Member Services, you have made a decision to take the default coverage below:
- Currently Enrolled in a SHBP Commercial Plan Option in 2023: If you are enrolled in a Commercial Option in 2023, you will remain in your current Plan Option and Tier with your current Medical Claims Administrator in 2024.
- Currently Enrolled in TRICARE Supplement in 2023: If you are enrolled in the TRICARE Supplement in 2023, you will remain enrolled in the TRICARE Supplement for 2024.
NOTE: If you paid a Tobacco Surcharge in 2023, it will continue to apply. If you did not pay a Tobacco Surcharge in 2023, you will not pay one if you default coverage. However, if you received a waiver of the tobacco surcharge and your tobacco status has changed, it is your responsibility to notify SHBP immediately.