SHBP retirees are former active members who: 1) were enrolled and covered by SHBP immediately prior to their retirement with no break in coverage, 2) receive a monthly annuity from a state retirement system at the time of their retirement, and 3) are currently enrolled in SHBP coverage as a retiree.
The state retirement systems participating in SHBP include:
- Employees’ Retirement System of Georgia (ERS)
- Teachers Retirement System of Georgia (TRS)
- Public School Employees’ Retirement System (PSERS)
- Legislative Retirement System (LRS)
- Georgia Judicial Retirement System (JRS)
- Certain local school systems’ retirement systems
More information coming soon!